I also also write technical articles for hire. My clients have included Docker, CircleCI, Honeybadger, AppSignal, SemamphoreCI, and Contentlab. My work has is regularly featured in popular tech newsletters, including Ruby Weekly and DevOps Weekly.
If you want to get in touch with me about technical writing, feel free to reach out to my agency, SyntaxPen.
General Software Engineering Topics
The best way that I learn is through writing. I've taken advantage of my technical writing opportunities to write about software engineering topics that interest me. Here are a few pieces.
- Using Feature Flags in Rails
- Using TailwindCSS with Rails
- AWS Lambda Functions with Ruby
- Connecting a Rails App to AWS S3 for File Storage
- Sell a One-Time Purchase in Rails with Stripe
- Containerizing and Existing Application
- What Next.js Has to Offer React Developers
- Exploring the Sorbet Ruby Compiler
- A Developers' Guide to Terraform
- How to Use Rubocop for Your Team's Apps
- How to Use Sorbet to Type Check Ruby
Sometimes I write about specific products that tend to be developer focused. These tend to take the form of “how to use this proprietary API”, and are pretty fun to write.